Paypal made a mistake and did not pay the automatic top up on my virgin mobile account. Virgin mobile sent me a text to let me know it had happened in August of this year, while i was overseas where the phone does not work.

When i came back the phone stopped working. I called customer service and was told that the old account was cancelled and the money on the account had "expired", i.e. Virgin had taken the money. I was asked to open a new account so they could transfer the cash from the old account.

They opened a new account and tranferred me to another call center (Nicaragua). After a long hold time I was told that the money was gone and that they had no information on the account. Another long hold then the supervisor came on and said that it was my responsibility to make sure the phone was topped up, and said the money in the old account had "expired". Baiscally after two hours on the phone, that was the message that Virgin can take money from its customers without letting them know.

It was clear that the supervisor had info on the account even though he claimed he did not, as he told me that Virgin had sent me a text in August.

SO PLEASE NEVER USE VIRGIN MOBILE. THEY LIE AND STEAL.

Comments