Virgin Mobile USA Lg Electronics G Stylo 2 Cell Phone Review from Powell, Ohio

I switched to VM after being with Verizon for years. 5 years ago, data cost ridiculous amounta of money; we were paying over $200 a month for phones which is why we switched. I loved how we could get 2 services for less $90 back then when we switched. We waited until phones were on sale or especially on Black Friday, we could always get a good deal on the actual phone. Over the years, their monthly pricing changed and lowered as other providers did the same, which encouraged us to stay. As our kids got older, we got the VM service as well. We were completely happy and referred everyone we knew. However, everything changed when we both bought the HTC 810. Weekly, your phone, would stop working and you wouldn't know it until you tried to make a call. I called and emailed so many times AND they did nothing but eventually make me pay $25 for a replacement last December which I knew wouldn't help at all BUT I played along. How many times and people does it take complaining about a certain phone, does it take to correct it? I missed calls from my kids schools and don't even get me started on the sheer amount of calls I missed from work.

I became a VIP because you can get discounts but did I ever? Nope. So I bit the bullet and bought a new LG stylo 2 in July. I hated that I had to pay for something that was their fault however I did it because I have to have a working phone. Well fast forward almost 3 weeks and I notice my brand new phone doesnt take pictures. I can take pictures on the front camera which I had been doing but the first day of school comes and my camera is just a blurry screen for 3 sec and then says "unfortunately camera has stopped working." If I'm lucky, I'll get a scrolling vertical color pattern but still no pictures. I knew not to contact VM, so I contacted Best Buy who I purchased it from BUT they have a 14 day return policy. The told me to contact VM.

The day I emailed VM, it had not even been 30 days since purchase. They went back and forth with me for a few days. Then they asked for my receipt from Best Buy giving me the false sense that they were actually going to take care of their own faulty phone for once. BUT no, AGAIN. They told me that I had to pay $25 to replace the phone because I didn't purchase insurance. It was a brand new VM phone not even 30 days old but I have to pay more money to get an actual working phone. BEWARE. By far THE worst customer service EVER. You truly do get what you pay for.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Lg Stylo 2
Review category
review #908628

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Virgin Mobile USA? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.